Monday, September 9, 2013

Where is the Easter Bunny?

Life moves fast.  One day we are happy-go-lucky, playing in the sand box, we turn around, and are trying to figure out where our next class is, missing elementary school where we stayed in one room.

What seems like two minutes later, we are wondering why we really need to learn trigonometry  and advanced physics, when "all I want to know is will she go out with me if I ask her?"

Then it's what school should I go to, if I go here, I can be an astronaut, or if I go there I can be a veterinarian.

Like, leaving the sand box for the swing set, or the monkey bars, those decisions are important. Whether you are six, sixteen, twenty-six, or beyond. You and you alone decide what path you take.

The decisions you choose will guide you, or haunt you fro the remainder of your life. These decisions should not be made in haste, but pondered long and hard.

While making these decisions though, one must consider their current situation. "Is this where I want to be five years from now?"  "Will I be happy with this path?" We all get caught up with what we think is best for all, we sometimes forget to ask, "what's best for "me?"

I often make a joke "If the Ken isn't happy, nobody's happy!"  I say it in jest, but it holds merit! I spent time in the busy corporate world, the gray walls were suffocating, now I work in a restaurant, happy as a clam and write on occasion. I try not to let the craziness of life bog me down, when it tries to, I remind myself of who I am and of the calm life I have chosen!

Life moves too fast. We all get busy dealing with day to day crisis, and forget about the smaller things in life. We forget about never land where Peter Pan never grew up. Or the North Pole, where the Easter Bunny relaxes with Santa after his crazy spring jaunt!

We are all busy in our day to day activities. We say "I have to get that report to my boss today" or "I have to finish that article today, my deadline is in two days."  Do we ever say, I need to take a moment for me? That's what we forget sometimes, we get so caught up in the current, we forget about what matters most.

Take time to spend a few minutes with a friend, twenty minutes to read to your child, or an hour to reflect on your life, and ponder if you are really where you want to be. Whether it's a few minutes or an hour or so, you will be grateful  in the long run.

There are too many moments in our lives that we think we are too busy worrying  about others to worry about ourselves.

Sometimes we need to just take a moment for ourselves and say, the world can wait a few minutes, I want to think about what the Easter Bunny does when he's not working!

Be safe, have fun, and make lots and lots of memories, the world can wait, you can't!

No comments:

Post a Comment