Saturday, July 13, 2013

Did you see that ghost?

On any given day, you can turn on cable television and find a show about the paranormal. XFinity on demand  has 76 different shows about ghost. That doesn't include the movie section.

Each show is filled with non-sense like "Wow, that vase moved, did you see that?" and my response would be(if I were a guest host)  "Did you see that 18 wheeler just drive by?"  Or "look at the monitor, there's something moving there", and I would say "Yea, a moth" There is always a logical and or scientific reason for events like this that happen.

I don't believe in ghosts. I believe in the present, and the future, what happened yesterday is gone. As much as I would like to go back in time and change things, I would in an instant. Yes, I am being selfish with that statement, I would not go back to kill Hitler, or Lee Harvey Oswald. Those are events that would reverberate through time and the Internet may not exist because of those acts.

I remember reading a story many years ago about a group of time travelers, where one person stepped off the path and inadvertently killed a fern. When they returned to present day, the world was in turmoil. I don't remember the story, probably something by Ray Bradbury.

On that note, ghosts are real. Not like Casper(he was cute) or Jacob Marley(and his three friends,) but the ghosts we create in our minds.

It's usually a song that takes me back to a happier time, or an old movie that "we" saw together. A moment when I had someone in my life to share my day with . Or maybe,  it's a catch phrase the someone uses that was a favorite line of an old lover.

The other day I was reading some of my older writings and the memories came flooding back, mostly good, but a few, where I wish I could go back, step off the path, and alter the outcome.

I have made many mistakes in the past, some I regret, some I am thankful for. I try to learn from each one and make myself a better person, sometimes it works, and sometimes I am haunted.

I will continue to watch the paranormal shows on cable for entertainment value but yes, I do believe in ghosts, but the ones I believe in are self induced.

Bigfoot, now that's another issue all on it's own.

Have fun, be safe, and make lots of memories. I only hope those memories don't come back to haunt you.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment